HOUSE OF FREEDOM BIBLE INSTITUTE (HOFBI)
Our courses are offered in partnership with the Trinity Western University (TWU), Canada
1. ADVANCED PROFESSIONAL LEADERSHIP PROGRAMME
Do you want to …
- Leave a legacy of vibrant communities?
- Grow in confidence as a Transformational Servant Leader (TSL)?
- Become effective in motivating and mobilizing others?
- Elevate your career with validation and training in leadership?
- Invest in the development and growth of others?
Our new certificate program consists of five ONLINE courses that cover key topics in leadership.
- Earn 15 university credits and receive an Advance Professional Leadership Certificate.
- Credits from this program may also be applied to TWU’s adult degree completion program (BA in Leadership), or for those with a BA degree already, the certificate will provide excellent preparation for entry to TWU’s MA in Leadership degree.
- All of these TWU programs are available in a convenient, user-friendly online format that allows you to study anywhere in the world, anytime.
- This course examines the issues relevant to how the organizations establishes a secure relationship with external stakeholders through effective leadership practice. Specific issues related to connecting with gaining interest, and keeping volunteer and employee support at the policy, program, and operations level, including how effective leader’s conduct affect this challenging process.
This course prepares those currently in leadership positions to assess and develop their abilities to coach and develop teams, manage conflict by building relationships, turn confrontation into cooperation, and explore and experience teamwork. Participants will discuss conflict theory, teamwork development, motivation, and management strategies. As leaders and agents of change, candidates analyze and formulate key knowledge and skill areas that enable them to construct self-renewal and communication competencies and understand how they interact in a team. Developing these competencies increases participant’s abilities to value people , thereby increasing the effectiveness of their negotiation, intervention, and impact in a team environment. The course is facilitative, participatory, and experiential. Candidates complete this course having experienced personal change and having the confidence and competence to influence others through building relationships cooperative negotiation, and a greater trust in a team environment.
This course is a study that reflects on the character, heart, hope, and practices of relational leadership, which focuses on empowering others – especially the next generation of leaders. Mentoring is a primary strategy that is examined in depth. A historical perspective exposes the challenges used throughout the history of mentoring. A best practices model is constructed that offers principles of relational leadership that can be used in organizations and churches or with individuals. The coaching model for leadership development is given consideration in this course. Students have an opportunity to reflect on those women and men who have played a significant role in their own leadership development and then anticipate what they may need in the present or future contexts by way of mentoring and / or couching.
This course promotes sustainable transformational servant leadership (TSL), Effective TSL demonstrates care for and promotes the sustainability of three interdependent dimensions: self, team organization. and client. The Transformational Servant Leader strengthens the capacity of those in the system to achieve excellence and resilience in action over time. Participants will develop a personal holistic and sustainable approach to leadership and life, emphasizing creation of a caring community across all three systemic dimensions. On completion, participants will be able to model behaviours and priorities enhancing the principles of caring TSL practice and performance in their personal plans.
- Meaningful assignments you can apply to your life that will help you refine your leadership skills
- Well-paced, 8-week schedule designed for busy adult learners (The program is broken down into 5 modules. Each module lasts for 8 weeks, with a 2-week break between modules )
- Instructional zoom videos, weekly readings, and assignments
- Experienced facilitators who guide engaging discussions and assist with assignments
2. ONLINE LEARNING AND FACILITATION CERTIFICATION & GRADUATE CERTIFICATE IN ADULT LEARNING: Coaching and Facilitation
This 15-semester-hour Graduate Certificate in Adult Learning Coaching and Facilitation courses is specifically designed for the growing demand for online or hybrid learning professionals. This certification will enable learners to seek employment in the areas such as:
- Online Learning facilitation
- Facilitation and coaching of international learners
- Organizational, participants’ professional development, and
- Coaching within an organization setting
This is a stand-alone certification, and the individual courses qualify as electives in the MA Leadership program.
- Plan appropriate group processes to support transformative learning.
- Apply the use of technology, time and physical space to support
Facilitating and Coaching
- Create and sustain a participatory environment that supports critical and
creative thinking in a variety of disciplines.
- Demonstrate effective facilitation and coaching communication skills
(e.g. Active listening, developing rapport, providing feedback).
- Develop cross-cultural competency and create learning environments of
inclusivity, safety and trust.
- Describe various learning theories and develop the ability to identify
individual and group learning needs.
- Identify a variety of facilitation/coaching methods and techniques.
- Engage in ongoing reflection and learning related to coaching and
- Reflect on personal values and beliefs and their impact on facilitation,
coaching and learning.
* Theory And Practice of Adult Education:
Learners are introduced to the principles and practices of adult education, Focusing on facilitation methods and instructional design, this course develops the practical skills necessary to teach adults. Whether in a classroom, other formal learning context or workplace, the class will explore how leaders are all teachers. This course equips leaders to facilitate transformational learning experience that are leaner-centred, supportive, well-organized and based on critical inquiry in the context of practice.
* Intercultural Communication And Facilitation:
Learners will expand self-awareness and cultural competency, developing and applying practical strategies to create and facilitate culturally inclusive and respectful learning environments. Emphasis is placed on engagement and experience, allowing learners to establish meaningful intercultural communication and relationship and applying coaching facilitation skills to overcoming barriers related to challenges faced by indigenous people globally. Topics include analyzing personal cultural values and beliefs, examining the implicit biases in educational structures and processes and strategies for creating inclusive learning environment.
* Coaching for Transformational Blended Learning:
Examines the theoretical foundations and professional practices of coaching learners in blended-learning environment emphasizing transformational learning experiences. The intersection of adult learning educational technology, and international education thought is investigated in relation to the development of effective strategies for coaching learners within the emerging context of technologically distributed global higher education. Projects develop digital literacy skills, including the use of communication, collaboration and publishing tools, and media literacy, including knowledge of copyright, open licensing and digital citizenship.
* Creating and Leading Authentic Learning Communities:
Learners explore theoretical foundations of learning communities, evaluate strategies for creating authentic learning communities and apply those strategies in a learning coaching context. Learners explore teaching and learning through the lens of personal transformation and then widen their lens to consider systems theory and challenges of leading for an authentic learning environment. Learners explore themes such as identity, perception, interconnectedness and learning organization. Learners will develop a personal philosophy of Learning Communities exploring what it means to be personally authentic and how to lead authentically in a learning environment.
* Practicum (Personal And Professional Practice And Reflection):
Using reflective practice, learners apply adult learning theory, assessment theory, facilitation practices, and cross-cultural competency in a professional learning facilitation setting. The practicum is conducted with a supervised business, non-profit, social service, or institution related to the student’s personal interest and career gaols.
Access the Expression of Interest form here
Each course is made up of 5 modules, with each modules running 8 weeks each. There is a 2-week break after each module. Total course duration is 12 months.
Course Delivery Mode:
- Classes will be both Synchronously (Classes run in real-time, with students and instructors attending together virtually from different locations ) and Asynchronously ( classes run on a more relaxed schedule, with students accessing class materials online during different hours and from different locations)
- Learning Lab Sessions Students will have sessions with course facilitators to ease their learning and understanding of weekly DQs and assignment.
These are Graduate-level courses with allotted credits that can ladder in a
Master’s Degree program
What it’s not-
“” It is not just a participation program ‘”
- Graduate-level academic writing (APA Style writing)
- Students will be expected to attend weekly Live classes and engage in Online weekly Topic Discussion
- Periodic Reflection Assignment Papers
- Group Assignment and Presentation
- On successfully completion, the Learners receive a Graduate-level Accredited Certificate
- Opportunity to move into a Masters’ Program with Fewer Course Registration
- Modular Course Payment: Payment of $ 1,050 USD per module (Payment must be confirmed before the start of classes)
- Lump Sum Payment: $ 5,250 USD at the start of the course (Payment must be confirmed before the start of classes)
- Bachelors’ Degree
- Relevant leadership experience (at least 2 years work experience )
- Bachelors’ Degree certificate and transcript
- All post secondary certificates and transcripts
- Curriculum Vitae / Resume
- TWU Application Form ( To be provided after expression of interest)